January 3, 2011

New Sewing Machine's First Project


For Christmas this year, JF replaced my aged, always-on-the-verge-of-breaking sewing machine with a beautiful new one!

I don't have much sewing experience to begin with, and I've felt daunted by the prospect of learning how to use this new machine.

But, everything starts with one step at a time, so I started a simple project first. Behold, the glory that is my completed roll-up knitting needle holder! I am pretty much in love with the roses material.


the striped material acts as a cover flap to keep the needles from falling out






it rolls up for easy storage and travel

I followed the pattern from the ever amusing and informative Stitch n Bitch book.

Now, for a very important question, what do you think I should name my sewing machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment