June 10, 2011

Rumptof Fruit 2


It's nearly strawberry picking time here and I am getting excited!
I couldn't resist these Quebec strawberries when they made it to the stores.



 

A good part of them will soon be incorporated into the rumtopf!

 

In a few weeks, we'll be going to pick our own berries. Usually we go to Fermes des Patry.
We go by car, ever since the year I had the bright idea to bike the dozens of km there and back....

I thought that a bit of padding in my bike basket would be enough to protect the delicious, juicy berries. And just how juicy they were I discovered as I rode home and witnessed the back end of my white bike turning a lovely shade of crimson! Needless to say, when we got home, I did not make the strawberry desserts I had planned. Instead, we had pre-mushed strawberry smoothies!

This year, I also want to pick at Potager Eardley. They have strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment