March 19, 2012

Newfie Mitten Progress

Now that summer is here -seriously, for those of you not in this area, it's been plus 20 the past two days. I think we skipped spring and this is rather scary- I'm making great progress on those mittens to match my hat!


When I was in high school one of my best friends had a pair in this pattern, and I really wanted a pair, but when I asked her where she got them it turned out her grandmother made them for her. I didn't knit at the time but I remembered them and years later I stumbled across the pattern (thank you Ravelry!) and found out what it was called.

This mitten makes me think of a pet fish that just keeps growing. And soon it will be *this big!*

1 comment:

  1. Oy, that's a purdy looking mitten! Ruth told me about your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete