June 11, 2012

Insect Pests

I am afraid of butterflies. People seem to think this is weird but it makes perfect sense to me! 

Minutes after I took this picture (from far away with plenty of zoom!) this butterfly attacked me.



Firstly, butterflies flutter around instead of traveling in a straight line, so just like snakes, it's hard to tell where they are going! It might be for you!
Secondly, have you ever taken a very close look at a butterfly body? The wings are just a clever disguise, but their true selves are these ugly brown insects with beady eyes and creepy antennae.

Thirdly, butterflies are like dogs. I've noticed they like to attack me, which I deduce is because they can smell my fear. Let me tell you, being habitually sprung upon by random butterflies/moths outdoors and even indoors, sometimes causing me to scream like a girl in front of my friends, does nothing to decrease my dislike.
However, working at the farm means that I'm constantly surrounded by these beasts! My fear has given way to a resigned wariness, and a small appreciation of their pretty disguises.





1 comment:

  1. Hee hee hee. Glad you've been forced to overcome this fear. Although, it must have been uncomfortable at first surrounded by them daily.

    ReplyDelete