October 14, 2012

Carrot Pudding!

I have so many carrots so I made carrot pudding.

Carrot pudding topped with slivered almonds.
The recipe, from Foodland Ontario, calls for real milk of course. I was quite unsure if substituting soy milk would ruin my chances of getting actual pudding but I gave it shot. The pudding didn't thicken as much as it would have with milk so it might be good to cut back on the milk a bit, but it was still an enjoyable consistency and TASTY.

Next time, I would add WAY less sugar. It wonder if the soy milk (I used original which has added sugar) contributed to the oversweet taste. I would also cut back on the cardamom.

Overall, I'm so happy to have a rice-pudding-like dish to use my copious amount of carrots in, and all without dairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment