I did complete the entire top as per pattern in order to learn the techniques. I'm most proud that I made my own bias tape and that I lined up my bias tape seams with the shirt seams. I thought that level of precision would be something I could achieve after more practice. That said, we'll see how it goes when I use harder to control material.
Here is what I will do differently for my second go round:
1. Use fabric with better drape.
2. Take out a swathe from the middle of the front and back pieces. This will hopefully fix two fit issues: gaping at the neckline and shoulders too far apart.
3. Add length.
4. Add two fish darts in the back to create a more fitted look. (oops, I called them fish eye darts in the photo. Still learning the lingo!)
5. Add a short zipper to one of the side seams to allow the more fitted version to be put on!
6. Make sure my darts are even.
7. Figure out how to hem better!
What do you think? For you experienced seamstresses, are there any problems with my proposed changes? Anything to watch out for?
Oh, and do you like my new glasses? JF says I look like Nana Mouskouri.
Oooo, Rachelle. This is so nice. Well done.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete