January 5, 2014

Tilly's Faux fur collar

Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons (of Great British Sewing Bee fame!) kindly shared a free pattern for a peter pan style collar on her blog.

Since I'm just learning how to sew, small projects like this are ideal. They still represent enough of a challenge because I am exposed to new techniques and get to practice using my tools and fledgling skills. This was really fun to make and didn't take me long at all.




I had just the funnest material lying around: leopard print fleece and a satiny gold lining (taken from a thrifted shirt).


I've always been a bit messy in sewing up the gap from the right side that one leaves to turn a project  inside out. But thanks to this tutorial on slip stitching I managed a much nicer finish this time.


I just need to find a shirt with a high enough neckline to match up with the collar now!

No comments:

Post a Comment